Lake Washington School District’s Bus Drivers Association collected 884 toys on December 2 for their “Stuff the Bus” event.
Educator Introduction Academy (EIA)
Whether you are a brand new educator, or just new to Lake Washington School District, we want you to be prepared for success from the very first day. The Educator Introduction Academy (EIA) is your opportunity to get up to speed quickly.
Educator Introduction Academy will be held August 16-23, 2018
For all educators new to Lake Washington School District:
- EIA offers general and breakout sessions to help you get started in your new school district.
- Participation in EIA is a condition of employment (mandatory) for all new certificated hires
- Participants are paid at the time card rate ($50.00 per hour) to attend this required training.
Professional Learning Coach Program
For educators coming to LWSD with previous experience:
- The Professional Learning Coaches offer Quick Start to help ease the transition of experienced educators, new to LWSD, into the district.
- The coaches also offer individual and team coaching around all aspects of instruction throughout the year.
- The coaches’ breakout session with be on Thursday, August 23, during EIA.
New Teacher Support Program (NTSP)
- You will also be part of the New Teacher Support Program (NTSP). This mentoring program provides additional assistance and support. NTSP training will begin on Thursday, August 16, during EIA.
- Participation in the NTSP program is required as a condition of employment.