During its July 13 School Board Meeting, Lake Washington School District Superintendent, Dr. Jon Holmen, removed “Rebels” as the Juanita High School mascot. Dr. Matt Livingston, Director of Secondary Education and Juanita High School Principal, Kelly Clapp, will now begin the process outlined in Policy 6970 to select a new mascot.
Summer Meals Extended Through August 14!
Good news! The summer meal program will be extended through August 14, 2020.
To help support families during the school closure due to the coronavirus, Lake Washington School District is committed to providing FREE healthy and nutritious breakfast and lunch to children ages 1-18. There are two options:
- Grab & Go Meals that can be picked up at 6 middle schools: Finn Hill, Inglewood, Kamiakin, Redmond, Rose Hill, and Timberline between 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Limited Meal Delivery pickup times vary depending on location selected.
Meal orders for both options will be accepted from 2:00 p.m. the previous day until 8:00 a.m. the day of the pickup (Monday order form open Friday 2 p.m. - Monday at 8 a.m.). Parents will be allowed to pick up meals for children if they verify on the order form that they will pick up. If parents do not verify on the order form, then children must be present to get a meal. Friday pickup include meals for the weekend.
Stay safe! Please wear a mask and stay six feet apart when you pick up your meal.
Your children may be eligible for a new food assistance program called Pandemic EBT (P-EBT). P-EBT provides families with funds to make up the cost of meals while school was closed. This benefit is for ALL children in Washington who receive free or reduced-price school meals. These benefits will be on an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card which is used like a debit card to buy groceries.
The information below is how families can find other summer meal sites and resources in the community:
- No Kid Hungry Texting Line - Families may text "Food" or "Comida" to 877-877 to find free summer meals near them.
- No Kid Hungry Meal Site Locator
- USDA Summer Meals Hotline at 1-866-348-6479. Families will receive assistance to find the location, meal times, and contact information for summer meals based on their full address, city, and/or zip code.
- USDA Summer meals finder - This website is easy for families to use as they can access summer meals locations by entering their zip code.