The Family Literacy Night at John Muir Elementary School was a big success. Families were able to enjoy literacy activities like fun tongue twisters, reading tic-tac-toe, a book fair and a book giveaway.
LWSD employees, contractors and volunteers are still required to be vaccinated.
Department of Health vaccine resources
School testing sites, appointments and options
All students and staff are required to stay home when sick and to isolate for a minimum of 5 days following a positive COVID test (DOH Decision Tree).
Other Safety Measures
- Physical Distancing – Physical distancing remains a strategy to be used when possible but should not limit student access to learning opportunities.
- Hand Hygiene – Schools will continue to remind students about the importance of frequent hand washing and sanitizing.
- Cleaning – LWSD will continue its existing cleaning practices.
- Ventilation – LWSD will continue its ventilation practices.
- Masking – Masks are required for all people entering health or isolation rooms. LWSD will continue to maintain a supply of masks for students or staff. LWSD respects student and staff choice for masking in other areas.
COVID-19 Safety Plan
LWSD COVID-19 Safety Plan; updated as new guidance becomes available from King County Public Health
Health & Safety Dashboard
Updated weekly during the school year
COVID-19 family messages
Too sick for school
Send us your COVID-19 questions