Dance teams from Eastlake High School (EHS), Lake Washington High School (LWHS) and Redmond High School (RHS) scored high marks at a December dance competition.
Volunteer Application Process
All volunteers must apply and be approved before they can begin volunteering
Thank you for your willingness to volunteer with Lake Washington School District. To ensure the safety of our students and staff, all individuals must go through the district’s volunteer application process and be approved before beginning a volunteer assignment. The application process includes a background check through Washington State Patrol.
Complete the application
- Volunteer Application Process for Parents, Community Members and Relatives
- Volunteer Application Process for Students
- Complete Volunteer Application. Volunteers may complete an online volunteer application, a PDF electronic application or a paper application.
- Online application - LWSD is using a volunteer management system called Raptor. The online Raptor application can be filled out and submitted quickly and conveniently. You can upload a copy of your driver’s license to attach to your application.
- PDF electronic application - LWSD offers a fillable PDF version of the Volunteer Application Packet. This requires Adobe Acrobat Pro or DC that will allow you to fill out the spaces and save your work to your computer. View instructions for using the fillable PDF.
- Print and complete the Volunteer Application Packet (Solicitud de voluntario)
Complete all of the required information and include your email address to receive notification of approval.
- Thoroughly read the Volunteer Handbook (Manual del Voluntario)
When you sign your application manually or electronically, you are agreeing to the guidelines and expectations outlined in the handbook
- Attach a copy of your driver’s license or other legal photo identification to your application
The application requires a copy of your driver’s license or other photo ID that includes your legal name, date of birth, height, and weight. This helps to verify your identity in the background check process.
If you completed an online application through the Raptor system but did not upload your driver’s license, you will still need to submit it in one of the following ways:
Take a digital photo with a phone or camera, or a digital scan of your license and email the electronic copy to email@example.com.
Mail a copy to the district office:
Lake Washington School District
ATTENTION: Volunteer Office
P.O. Box 97039
Redmond, WA 98073-9739
Bring it to the LWSD Resource Center, located in Redmond Town Center: 16250 NE 74th Street, Redmond, WA 98052.
Take a copy to your local school. They will then send it to the district office for processing.
- Submit your application
You can email an electronic copy to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail a hard copy to the district office at P.O. Box 97039, Redmond, WA 98073-9739. You can also turn in your completed application to the district Resource Center or any of our schools.
Students in grades K-12 who would like to volunteer in schools other than their own should submit a Student Volunteer Application form. Instructions for applying are discussed in the video and text below:
- Click on this link for the Student Volunteer Application
- If you choose to use the fillable PDF, please save it to your computer before completing the required sections.
- If you choose to use a paper version, print out the application and complete all of the required sections.
- Obtain all necessary signatures: student, student's parent or guardian (if student is under 18), and the student's school counselor or principal.
- Turn in your completed application to the school office where you wish to volunteer, or the district Resource Center. You may also email an electronic copy to email@example.com, or mail a hard copy to the district office (Attn: Volunteer Office) at P.O. Box 97039, Redmond, WA 98073-9739.
When all of your volunteer application materials have been received, the volunteer office will perform the background check, which is required by law, through the Washington State Patrol system. The approval process can take up to two weeks from the time your application was received by the volunteer office.
If you provided an email address on your application, you will receive an email confirmation when your application has been approved. Volunteer approval is not school-specific. Once you are approved, you can volunteer anywhere in the district and your name will be added to the approved volunteers list, which all schools can access.
Your email confirmation will include information on how to gain access to your Raptor Volunteer Portal. Your username will be the email address you used on your volunteer application. If you are a first-time volunteer portal user, you will be asked to create a password (8 characters, contain at least one uppercase character, and contain one special character (!@#$%^&*).
Check your approval status
Volunteer approvals are valid for two years. To see if your volunteer application is still current, you can log into your Raptor Volunteer Portal or contact the volunteer office at 425-936-1270 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact the school where you volunteer.
When to reapply
Volunteer approval is valid for two years. After two years, you must reapply. You will receive notification by email 30 days before your application is due to expire.