Today, October 12, is Indigenous People’s Day. Staff and students in the Eastside Native American Education Program (ENAEP) are honoring the first inhabitants in the United States by acknowledging and commemorating their contributions, history and culture.
Employee Assistance Program
Definition - The Employee Assistance Program provides confidential, professional assessment, short-term counseling, and referral assistance to employees and their immediate family members in an effort to resolve personal or professional problems that may affect job performance.
Scope - The Employee Assistance Program addresses personal problems related, but not limited, to alcohol or drug abuse, physical, emotional, stress, marital, family, financial, legal, or job-related difficulties.
Purpose - The Employee Assistance Program is intended to motivate employees and/or their family members to seek and receive confidential, professional assistance as soon as possible which shall enable them to maintain or restore productivity through early identification and resolve problems.
- Provide resources for problem assessment, diagnosis, short-term counseling, and quality referrals for employees and immediate family members.
- Ensure complete confidentiality of the records of anyone using the program.
- Cooperate with the district to enhance the effectiveness of the Employee Assistance Program.
- Encourage employee members to utilize the services available.
- Accept appropriate training in the area of managing employees who have serious, identifiable problems affecting job performance.
- Encourage staff members to utilize the services available.
- Seek available help as soon as possible about any problems that is or potentially may adversely affect job performance.
- General - Nothing in this policy and its attendant rules, regulations, and guidelines may be interpreted as constituting a waiver of management's responsibility to maintain discipline or the right to take disciplinary measures, within the framework of any collective bargaining agreement, or district policy, or statute.