Today, October 12, is Indigenous People’s Day. Staff and students in the Eastside Native American Education Program (ENAEP) are honoring the first inhabitants in the United States by acknowledging and commemorating their contributions, history and culture.
Contests for Students
The associate superintendent or designee shall approve all contests for students in which the district may participate. The following guidelines are to be used in approving any contest.
Contests should be:
- Supplemental to the school program,
- Beneficial to youth in educational, civic, social, and cultural development,
- Dependent solely upon the talents and efforts of the individual student participant,
- Free of any commercial or sectarian influence,
- Free of discrimination because of race, color, or creed, handicapped affirmation action statement.