It is a big moment for student-athletes when they get to sign the National Letter of Intent to attend a college to play sports. Both Redmond High School (RHS) and Lake Washington High School (LWHS) hosted events to celebrate the occasion.
Back to School Message
Dear Lake Washington Families,
Welcome to the 2019-20 school year! As the first day of school approaches, the Lake Washington School District team is looking forward to welcoming our students to another exciting year of learning!
Each new year provides a renewed opportunity for the district to provide the best possible education for every one of our students. This fall we will launch a new three-year strategic plan, with the theme of Elevate, focused on raising the quality of everything we do to provide the best education in the world for our students.
Our strategic priorities are:
- Success: We set high expectations and provide supports to help students and staff grow every year.
- Well-being: We create safe, welcoming, and inclusive places to learn for students and staff.
- Engagement: We engage students, families, and community partners to improve student outcomes and build trust.
- Excellence: We ensure organizational responsibility through the effective use of resources and systems that align with district values and strategic priorities.
- Equity: We increase equitable outcomes by addressing barriers to engagement and success.
- Innovation: We encourage new ideas that embrace creativity and reimagine teaching and learning.
Our most important goal is to make sure that every student will graduate prepared to lead a rewarding and responsible life as a contributing member of our community and greater society. We also want to make sure our students are ready to pursue the things that interest them the most after graduation as they consider future possibilities like college, careers, and personal interests.
We’re very excited to open our newest schools this fall – Timberline Middle School, Margaret Mead Elementary School, Peter Kirk Elementary School, and the first phase of Juanita High School. These projects were funded by the 2016 bond measure and provide additional learning spaces for our growing student enrollment. We hope you can join us this fall for scheduled open house events.
I’m excited for another year of helping our students to learn, grow and succeed. We appreciate your partnership and the opportunity to serve your family and our communities.
All the best to you and your family as we begin the 2019-20 school year!
Dr. Jane Stavem, Superintendent