What’s better than one Artz sister winning a silver medal? Two Artz sisters winning silver medals. Lily Artz, Finn Hill Middle School seventh grader, and Emma Artz, Juanita High School senior, each took home second place at the recent USA Cycling National Championships in Winter Park, Colo.
Each student will graduate prepared to lead a rewarding and responsible life as a contributing member of our community and greater society.
Every Student Future Ready:
- Prepared for College
- Prepared for the Global Workplace
- Prepared for Personal Success
From the Boardroom to the classroom, Lake Washington School District is committed to the values that shape our culture.
FOCUS ON STUDENTS
To prepare our students we believe that all students must have opportunities to learn a rich curriculum in inclusive classrooms.
FOCUS ON LEARNING
To continue growing as an organization, everyone must have access to learning opportunities that encourage ongoing growth and development.
FOCUS ON CONNECTIONS
To engage our community, our district must be focused on strong partnerships, outstanding service, and clear communication.
FOCUS ON RESULTS
To be the best school district in the world, we are committed to high quality implementation of practices that produce positive change and sustainable transformation.
The strategic priorities are the outcomes of a collaborative process with staff, students, and the community. We elevate everyone and everything in Lake Washington as we focus on:
- Success - We set high expectations and provide support to help students and staff grow every year.
- Well-Being - We create safe, welcoming, and inclusive places to learn for students and staff.
- Engagement - We engage students, families, and community partners to improve student outcomes and build trust.
- Excellence - We ensure organizational responsibility through the effective use of resources and systems that align with district values and strategic priorities.
- Innovation - We encourage new ideas that embrace creativity and reimagine teaching and learning.
- Equity - We increase equitable outcomes by addressing barriers to engagement and success.
We believe that every student can learn and achieve at high levels and it is our responsibility to help each student learn, grow, and be challenged.
- Culturally Responsive Teaching
- Multi-Tiered Systems of Support - Academics (MTSS-A)
- Career, Technical, and College Pathways
- Integrated Instructional Technology
- Inclusive Early Learning
- Innovative Learning Opportunities
We believe that all students must be safe and feel a sense of belonging if they are to succeed.
- Multi-Tiered System of Support - Behavioral, Social and Emotional Support (MTSS-B)
- School Equity Teams
- Security and Emergency Preparedness
- Activities and Athletics
We believe that strong communities build strong schools, and strong schools build strong communities.
- District Equity Team
- Culturally Responsive Family Engagement
- Strategic Partnerships
- Family and Community Feedback Processes
We believe that each employee in our district plays a vital role in contributing to the success of our students.
- Workforce Diversity
- Recruitment and Retention
- Professional Learning
We believe that using our resources responsibly and strategically will result in success for our students.
- Facilities and Technology Systems
- Transportation Systems