Nikola Tesla STEM High School (Tesla STEM) has earned the first College Board AP® Computer Science Female Diversity Award for achieving high female representation in AP Computer Science A (CSA) and/or AP Computer Science Principles (CSP).
Students who have nutritious food and appropriate physical activity are better prepared to learn. While student health and well being is a shared responsibility between schools and families, the school environment must be conducive to and promote learning. In order to ensure the learning environment supports students’ nutrition, physical fitness and well-being, and in order to promote family and community involvement to this end, the Superintendent shall:
- Ensure that district health and physical fitness curriculum is consistent with Washington State Health and Physical Education K-12 Learning Standards.
- Ensure that the offerings of the School Lunch and Breakfast Program comply with federal guidelines.
- Ensure that sale of foods during the school day comply with federal guidelines.
- Develop guidelines for foods provided (not sold) to students through classroom parties/school events, rewards, and/or incentives.
- Promote partnerships with parents and parent groups to support life long nutrition, physical fitness and wellness.
- Provide information and materials that promote healthy eating habits and appropriate physical activity.
- Promote appropriate physical activity for students by:
- Ensuring aerobic physical activity is part of physical education classes,
- Providing elementary school students with daily, supervised recess periods,
- Providing co-curricular physical activity and intramural programs, and
- Promoting the use of school facilities for physical activity programs offered by outside organizations.
PL 108-265, Section 204