For the fifth year in a row, the College Board named Lake Washington School District (LWSD) to its Annual AP District Honor Roll. LWSD is one of only 373 public school districts in the United States and Canada and one of four in Washington state to be honored. Lake Washington is one of two districts in the state to be a multi-year recipient of the AP Honor Roll Award.
Policy code: EL-14
The CEO shall establish and maintain technology systems and applications consistent with accomplishment of the Board’s End Results.
Accordingly, the CEO shall:
- Provide a comprehensive technology plan that directs the priorities and outcomes for the expenditure of technology resources;
- Provide a comprehensive and functional technology infrastructure that addresses needs of staff, students, and community;
- Provide easily accessible, relevant, and current data to appropriate users to direct school and instructional improvement planning;
- Provide for a safe and secure computing environment for students and staff that:
- Prohibits the use of technology resources for commercial, political, illegal, or indecent purposes or that disrupts the learning environment of students;
- Prohibits access to personal information about students or staff that does not have an educational purpose or that is not appropriately authorized;
- Prohibits collection of electronic information for which there is no legitimate need;
- Uses methods of collecting, reviewing, transmitting, or storing information that protect against improper access to the information being elicited.
Monitoring Method: Internal Report
Monitoring Frequency: Annually
Lake Washington School District Board of Directors