During its July 13 School Board Meeting, Lake Washington School District Superintendent, Dr. Jon Holmen, removed “Rebels” as the Juanita High School mascot. Dr. Matt Livingston, Director of Secondary Education and Juanita High School Principal, Kelly Clapp, will now begin the process outlined in Policy 6970 to select a new mascot.
Procedure Fundraising Activities Involving Students
Soliciting Funds From Students
The following charitable drives involving students have been approved.
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- Arthritis Math Olympics
- Children's Hospital
- Cystic Fibrosis Spell-A-Thon
- Doctors Without Borders USA
- Invisible Children, Inc.
- Jump Rope for Heart
- Make-A-Wish Foundation
- March of Dimes
- Multiple Sclerosis Read-A-Thon
- Red Cross
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- World Vision
Solicitation of funds by these organizations shall be subject to the following regulations:
- Collections shall be conducted in a manner which minimizes the amount of school time required.
- Contributions shall be made on a voluntary basis only.
- Containers should be provided and collections conducted so that the amount of the individual contributions or lack of contributions shall not be known to others.
- If collections are sponsored by the school ASB, rather than the charity, ASB private monies procedures need to be followed.