Eighth-graders at Stella Schola Middle School received a rare visit with renowned fantasy-fiction author Terry Brooks on January 22.
Student Gifts and Solicitations
Soliciting Funds From Students
The following charitable drives involving students have been approved.
- American Cancer Society
- American Diabetes Association
- Arthritis Math Olympics
- Children's Hospital
- Cystic Fibrosis Spell-A-Thon
- Doctors Without Borders USA
- Invisible Children, Inc.
- Jump Rope for Heart
- Make-A-Wish Foundation
- March of Dimes
- Multiple Sclerosis Read-A-Thon
- Red Cross
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- World Vision
Solicitation of funds by these organizations shall be subject to the following regulations:
- Collections shall be conducted in a manner which minimizes the amount of school time required.
- Contributions shall be made on a voluntary basis only.
- Containers should be provided and collections conducted so that the amount of the individual contributions or lack of contributions shall not be known to others.
- If collections are sponsored by the school ASB, rather than the charity, ASB private monies procedures need to be followed.