Lake Washington School District (LWSD) will have a Capital Projects Levy on the April 23, 2019 ballot. Information on the Levy is available on the 2019 Levy page of the LWSD website: www.lwsd.org/2019-Capital-Projects-Levy.
Student Automobile Use
Student Driving and Parking
- Students driving motor vehicles to school must fill out a vehicle registration form. A registration fee may be charged and shall include a window sticker which is to be attached to the vehicle in a location which may be readily viewed from outside.
- Students are not to sit in or drive vehicles during the lunch hour or during the hours school is in session without special permission from the principal.
- The speed limit on campus roadways shall be 10 miles per hour.
- Vehicles are to be operated only on designated driveways and roadways and may be parked in designated student parking areas.
- Students who violate the above regulations or drive in any manner which jeopardizes the safety, property or general welfare of others shall lose the privilege of driving on school property.
- Middle school students may not drive vehicles to school unless permission has been granted in writing by a parent, guardian or the principal.
- There are certain NO PARKING ZONES, including fire lanes, handicapped driveways, entryways, loading and unloading and any other restricted areas which are marked.
- All restricted parking areas shall be designated by signs which specify any parking restriction and identify the company and phone number through which an impounded car may be reclaimed. Principals are authorized to have any improperly parked vehicles removed and impounded.