While most of the world eagerly waits for the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics to begin tonight, LWSD middle school students are focused on a competition of their own. Inglewood, Evergreen, Finn Hill, Kamiakin and Redmond Middle Schools are competing in the Middle School Winter Olympics throughout February.
Staff Qualifications: Personnel Development
In order to provide a staff development program to improve the quality of instructional programs, the following procedures will be employed:
- Special education concerns will be identified through a staff needs assessment completed by administrators, and/or teachers, educational staff associates, program assistants;
- Training must be provided annually to all personnel who may foreseeably use isolation or restraint;
- In-service training schedules will be developed based upon the results of the district assessment and in support of needs identified;
- Training activities will be conducted for regular general and special education staff, staff of other agencies and organizations and private school staff providing services for special education student; and
- Classified staff will be considered to have been trained in the state recommended core competencies after their first two years of employment
*See the Special Education Terms & Definitions page for more information.