Students in Maryline Williams’ kindergarten class know they have a teacher who will help them succeed. The Henry David Thoreau Elementary School teacher is one of 16 Seattle Heroes in the Classroom to be recognized during the 2019 NFL season.
Staff Qualifications: Personnel Development
In order to provide a staff development program to improve the quality of instructional programs, the following procedures will be employed:
- Special education concerns will be identified through a staff needs assessment completed by administrators, and/or teachers, educational staff associates, program assistants;
- Training must be provided annually to all personnel who may foreseeably use isolation or restraint;
- In-service training schedules will be developed based upon the results of the district assessment and in support of needs identified;
- Training activities will be conducted for regular general and special education staff, staff of other agencies and organizations and private school staff providing services for special education student; and
- Classified staff will be considered to have been trained in the state recommended core competencies after their first two years of employment
*See the Special Education Terms & Definitions page for more information.