Lake Washington School District’s Bus Drivers Association collected 884 toys on December 2 for their “Stuff the Bus” event.
Selection of Architect or Engineer
When architectural or engineering services are required by the district, the following procedures shall be followed:
- Announcement for professional services shall be sent to professional and community publications as well as to publications specifically oriented toward minority- and women-owned firms. The announcement shall specify:
- The general nature and scope of the project(s),
- The district representative to contact for further details, and,
- The deadline for submission of letter of interest.
- Each interested architect and/or engineer shall be advised to submit a resume which includes as a minimum:
- Description of professional staff and respective roles for each,
- List of projects completed during the past two years and contact person,
- Status of current contracts,
- Description of typical site supervision,
- References--bank, bonding company, three clients, and,
- Exhibits of cost estimates for two most recent projects.
- Applicants shall be screened by selected staff to identify those to be interviewed.
- Applicants shall be interviewed by the superintendent or designee.
- The selected architect/engineer shall be recommended to the board for approval.
- The superintendent or designee shall enter into negotiations with the firm(s) to establish a professional services fee which is fair and reasonable. If the superintendent or designee is unable to negotiate a satisfactory contract, the next highest ranked firm shall be contacted.