For the fifth year in a row, the College Board named Lake Washington School District (LWSD) to its Annual AP District Honor Roll. LWSD is one of only 373 public school districts in the United States and Canada and one of four in Washington state to be honored. Lake Washington is one of two districts in the state to be a multi-year recipient of the AP Honor Roll Award.
School Bus Safety Program
The transportation supervisor shall review the contents of the School Bus Driver's Handbooks (SPI and district) with each driver prior to the beginning of each school year. Each driver, in turn, is expected to follow the procedure as outlined in the handbook.
In the event of an accident, the driver shall make contact with the transportation supervisor who shall:
- Determine the nature of the accident,
- Contact emergency services if there is reason to believe that there are injuries which require immediate attention,
- Contact the State Patrol regarding the accident,
- Advise the superintendent of schools,
- Investigate the accident and gather the names of all students and witnesses,
- Dispatch another bus to transport the students to their destination, and,
- Contact the parent(s) or guardian(s) of any students who are injured.
To facilitate the responsibilities assigned to the transportation department, the supervisor, in cooperation with the building principals, will compile a list of students, including addresses and phone numbers, that are authorized to ride each bus route.