Lake Washington School District’s Bus Drivers Association collected 884 toys on December 2 for their “Stuff the Bus” event.
School Board Elections and Board Member Qualifications
Policy code: GP-2-E2
- Citizen of the United States and State of Washington
- Registered voter of director district
- Reside in the appropriate director district
- Four years and/or until successor is elected and qualified.
- Terms staggered and insofar as possible, not more than a majority of one shall be elected to full terms at any regular election.
The board shall consist of five members, elected by ballot by the registered voters of the district. Except as otherwise provided by law, board members shall hold office for terms of four years and until their successors are elected and qualified. Terms of board members shall be staggered as provided by law.
Newly-elected directors shall take office as soon as the election results have been certified by the county auditor and the newly-elected director has taken and subscribed to an oath of office.
The person elected to the position shall begin his/her term of office at the first official meeting following certification of the election results.
- If a majority of directors remains they shall fill vacancy.
- If there is not a majority of directors or if a majority fails to act within 90 days, the Educational Service District board members make appointments.
- Filing for primary shall be as specified by law in the year such regular district elections are held.
- The superintendent shall notify local newspapers regarding the filing dates for director positions.
- If more than two candidates file for any director position, all positions shall be on the primary ballot.
- General election is first Tuesday following first Monday in November in odd numbered years.
- Filing and election information for director may be obtained from the King County elections department.
- Unexpired Term Fulfillment
In case of a board vacancy, the remaining board members shall fill such vacancy by appointment. The board will receive applications from any qualified persons seeking to fill the position after suitable public notice. The board will appoint one of the candidates to serve until the next regularly scheduled election.
The appointments shall be approved by not less than three members of the board. If there exists fewer than three members, the Educational Service District board members shall appoint a sufficient number to constitute a legal majority of the board. Should the board fail to fill a vacancy within 90 days from the creation of such vacancy, the Educational Service District Board members shall fill such vacancy. Appointees shall meet the requirements provided by law and shall serve until the next regularly scheduled board election, at which time a director shall be elected for the unexpired term.
Lake Washington School District Board of Directors