Lake Washington School District (LWSD) students performed well at this year’s Washington State National History Day (NHD) event.
Revenues from Federal Tax Sources
Federal Funds and Other Revenues
Revenues from federal and other grants and programs may help the district provide the best educational services possible within the limits of available resources. If the district participates in such a program, it shall comply with all external requirements that may be a condition to the receipt of the federal or other grant funds.
Distribution of Educational Resources Among Schools
Basic certificated and classified staffing and funds to purchase supplies, books, instructional materials, and other non-employee related cost items shall be distributed in an equitable manner among all schools in the district taking into account such variables as size of school, grade levels encompassed, and special student needs. From time to time, and in accordance with board policy, the district may provide additional resources to some schools for the purpose of developing innovative and/or creative programs for students. Such programs may be of a temporary nature until their merit has been clearly established. At such time that merit has been determined, these programs may be discontinued or adopted in other schools.
Parent participation in local Chapter I schools is vital to the success of student achievement. Parents with children in the Chapter I program shall have the opportunity to participate in the design and implementation of the program. The Chapter I program shall foster parent involvement.
Comparability and Fiscal Management
Recognizing that federal grants and programs may provide helpful financial resources towards meeting the educational needs of the students, the board agrees to comply with all federal and state requirements that may be a condition to receive federal funds, including but not limited to:
- Maintenance of fiscal records that show the receipt and disposition of federal funds,
- Provision for eligible private school students to participate in programs and/or services designed for the educationally disadvantaged as well as other programs which are supported by Education Consolidation and Improvement Act funds,
- All employees paid on a district-wide salary schedule,
- The staff, including teachers, administrators and auxiliary personnel assigned equitably among schools, and,
- Instructional materials are distributed equitably among all schools.
Revenues from Tax Sources (DE)