Anne Hutchinson, George Washington, Pocahontas and Thomas Paine were all on hand at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary on June 11 as students hosted their annual “Wax Museum” event.
Promotion and Retention of Students
The following procedure shall be used when consideration is given to double promotion or retention:
- Previous to a conference with the parents or guardians and the student, each individual case shall be reviewed by a staff committee consisting of the:
- Principal and teacher(s) concerned
- School psychologist and/or counselor
- Superintendent or designee in cases where there is a difference of opinion amongst the staff.
- When staff agreement is reached on the appropriate course of action for the student there shall be a conference with the parent or guardian. The principal and appropriate staff shall meet with the parent or guardian. Approval should be sought from the parent or guardian.