A personnel file shall be maintained for each certificated employee in the Lake Washington School District and shall contain the job application, any correspondence, pertinent data concerning the employee, and summary evaluation reports.
These files shall be kept in locked, fireproof files.
Confidentiality of Personnel Records
All personnel files shall be kept confidential under the control of the personnel assistant and shall be available for review under procedures prescribed by the administrator of personnel. Those authorized are:
- The individual employee and, subject to his/her consent and knowledge, his/her specifically authorized representative, and
- Those district employees and representatives designated by the superintendent who have a need to review the file in order to assist the performance of the functions of Personnel Services.
The district personnel office shall maintain current and accurate information on each certificated employee which shall contain, but not be limited to, the following:
- Complete education record and an evaluation of credits upon entering the Lake Washington School District, as backed by official transcripts.
- All credits earned subsequent to employment with the Lake Washington School District and backed by transcripts.
- Degrees earned and dates awarded.
- Educational experience prior to entering the district, including both military and teaching experience.
- Teaching certificate/administrative certificate: number, type, date issued, expiration date, endorsement, if any.
- All administrative credentials, showing type, date earned, and institution granting the credential.
- Immunization record.
The payroll section shall maintain a payroll record for each certificated employee. These cards shall contain the following salary information for the contract year:
- Annual contract salary
- Additional compensation
- Sick leave days used
- Sick leave accumulated
- All deductions.