Would you wear a watch and slippers made from carbon dioxide emissions? Or brush your teeth using toothpaste made from CO₂? Before the pandemic, students at Evergreen Middle School were learning about real products that capture and store carbon dioxide that would otherwise go into the atmosphere.
Policy code: OGP-05
At the second board meeting in June, the board shall elect from among its members a president and a vice president to serve one-year terms. Officers shall not be elected following the appointment of a director to fill a vacancy on the board unless a majority of the board is appointed. If a board member is unable to continue to serve as an officer, a replacement shall be elected immediately. In the absence of both the president and the vice president, the board shall elect a president pro tempore who shall perform the functions of the chair during the latter's absence. The superintendent shall act as board secretary.
The normal order of business shall be modified for the annual organizational meeting by considering the following matters after the approval of the minutes of the previous meeting:
- Welcome and introduction of newly-elected board members by the current president.
- Give facilitation of meeting to Superintendent for nominations.
- Call for nominations for president to serve during the ensuing year by Superintendent.
- Election of a president through roll call vote
- Assumption of office by the new president, who now facilitates nominations
- Call for nominations for vice president to serve during the ensuing year.
- Election of a vice president through roll call vote
- Call for nominations for legislative representative to serve during the ensuring year
- Election of a legislative representative
- No person shall be declared elected or selected unless he or she receives a majority vote of all the members of the board.
- Policies shall continue from year to year and board to board until and unless the board changes them.
RCW 28A.330.010 Board President, Vice President, or President Pro Tempore – Secretary
RCW 28A.330.020 Certain board elections, manner, and vote required – Selection of personnel, manner
Lake Washington School District Board of Directors