For the fifth year in a row, the College Board named Lake Washington School District (LWSD) to its Annual AP District Honor Roll. LWSD is one of only 373 public school districts in the United States and Canada and one of four in Washington state to be honored. Lake Washington is one of two districts in the state to be a multi-year recipient of the AP Honor Roll Award.
Mission and Vision of Lake Washington School District
Policy code: ER-1
As a result of our efforts:
Mission: Each student will graduate prepared to lead a rewarding, responsible life as a contributing member of our community and greater society.
Vision: Every student will be Future Ready:
- Prepared for College
- Prepared for the Global Workplace
- Prepared for Personal Success
Accordingly, the CEO shall:
- Establish and monitor board-approved performance targets aligned with the Student Learning Milestone: High School Students Graduating Future Ready.
- Monitor and assure that current year student performance is comparable to student performance in comparable districts in Washington State (n>6500 students).
- Monitor and assure that student performance is improving.
- Monitor and assure that opportunity and achievement gaps are closing between by monitoring student performance by race, gender and program participation, including free or reduced lunch, Special Education and English Learner program.
- Monitor and assure that the district's instructional program focus supports the accomplishment of performance targets for the indicators associated with the Student Learning Milestone: High School Students Graduating Future Ready.
- Monitor and assure that each school’s Continuous Improvement Process Plan supports the accomplishment of the performance targets for the indicators associated with the Student Learning Milestone: High School Students Graduating Future Ready.
End Results - Exhibit One (ER-1, 2, 3-E1)
Monitoring Method: Internal
Monitoring Frequency: Annually
Lake Washington School District Board of Directors