Gifts, Donations and Bequests
Any donations presented to the school district must be accompanied by a letter from the donor for official action and recognition by the superintendent/designee or the board.
All gifts, donations and bequests shall become school district property. All donors shall be informed that the intent of the school district is to allocate all donations to respective schools to which donated.
To be acceptable, a gift must satisfy the following criteria:
- Have a purpose consistent with those of the district,
- Not begin a program which the board would be unwilling to take over when gift or donation funds are exhausted,
- Not be inappropriate or harmful to the best education of pupils,
- Not be in conflict with any provision of the school code or public law and
- Not be used to supplement staffing during the school day or to fund district-provided stipends. Donations may be used to fund stipends to support extracurricular clubs and/or activities not funded by the district and must be paid in accordance with district negotiated agreements through district payroll.
A letter of appreciation signed by the superintendent of schools shall be sent to a donor.
Receiving of Gifts by District Personnel
No members of the Board of Directors or any employees of the district shall receive directly or indirectly anything of value for or on account of his/her influence with respect to any act or proceeding of the school district, when such act or proceeding shall incur to the benefit of those offering or giving the thing of value.