It is a big moment for student-athletes when they get to sign the National Letter of Intent to attend a college to play sports. Both Redmond High School (RHS) and Lake Washington High School (LWHS) hosted events to celebrate the occasion.
Procedure Bid or Request for Proposal Requirements
Time for Preparation of Bids
Minimum time periods to advertise for bids are established by the state. The date to open bids will be determined jointly by the superintendent or designee the architect and purchasing manager.
Deposits for Plans
The amount of plan deposits, in order to obtain plans from the architect, shall be determined by the architect, and approved by the superintendent or designee and shall be sufficient to cover the plan costs. The architect shall return the deposit to an unsuccessful bidder when the plans are returned.
Payments to Contractors, Wage Rates
Each laborer, worker, or mechanic in each trade or occupation required for the execution of the work of the contract, whether employed by the Contractor, Subcontractor, or any other person doing or contracting to do the whole or any part of the work, shall be paid not less than the "Prevailing Rates of Wages", as determined by the State Department of Labor and Industries.
In case any dispute arises regarding the prevailing rates of wages for the work of a similar nature, that cannot be adjusted by the parties involved, the matter shall be referred to the Director of Labor and Industries, State of Washington, and his decision shall be final.
NONDISCRIMINATION CLAUSE FOR SCHOOL BUILDING CONTRACTS ON PROJECTS FINANCED UNDER THE STATE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Nondiscrimination. The party or parties contracting with the school district are referred to in this clause as the contractor.
Except to the extent permitted by a bona fide occupational qualification, the contractor will agree as follows:
- The contractor shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.
The contractor shall ensure that applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status or presence of any sensory, mental, or principal disabilities or age. Such action shall include, but not be limited to, the following: employment, upgrading, demotion or transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, and selection for training.
- The contractor shall, in all solicitations for employees or job orders for employees placed with any employment agency, union, or other firm or agency, state that all qualified applicants shall receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex, disability or age. The words "equal opportunity employer" in advertisements shall constitute compliance with this section.
- The contractor shall send to each labor union or representative of workers with which he has a collective bargaining agreement or other contract or understanding, a notice advising the said labor union or workers' representative of the contractor's commitments under this section.
- The contractor shall include the provisions of the foregoing paragraphs (1), (2), and (3) in every subcontract or purchase order for the goods or services which are the subject matter of this contract. In the event of noncompliance by the contractor with any of the nondiscrimination provisions of the contract, the contracting agency shall have the right, at its option, to cancel the contract in whole or in part. If the contract is canceled after part performance, the contracting agency shall be obligated to pay the fair market value or the contract price, whichever is lower, for goods or services which have been received and accepted.
End of Nondiscrimination Clause
Final Payments to Contractors
Prior to final payment, in accordance with contract provisions, the contractor shall furnish to the facilities department:
- Three copies of the maintenance manual which includes the names of materials and manufacturers and service information for all material and equipment used on the project.
- One set of "as built" mylar documents.
- Manufacturers' guarantees or certifications, test results, and survey confirmations.
- Approval documents from appropriate building department.
RCW 49.60.030 (1)(a)