When schools closed in March, the traditional end-of-year band concerts that showcase a year’s worth of practice and progress were effectively canceled. Rose Hill Middle School (RHMS) Band Instructor, Angela Laulainen got creative during the remote learning period and had her students record their parts at home.
The school district strives to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in all facets of its operations. In order to achieve this goal, the school district shall strive to set forth:
- A clear statement of expectations and purpose for the district's instruction programs,
- A provision for staff, resources and support to achieve the stated expectations and purposes; and
- A plan for evaluating instructional programs and services to determine how well expectations and purposes are being met.
The district will utilize a variety of assessment processes to:
- Determine the effectiveness of the instructional programs,
- Assess the progress of individual students in attaining student learning objectives,
- Diagnose the needs of individual students who are not progressing at their expected rates, and
- Identify gifted and talented students who are in need of specialized programs.
Parents who wish to examine any assessment materials may do so by contacting the superintendent. Parent approval is necessary before administering an individual intelligence test or a diagnostic personality test. No tests or measurements devices containing any questions about a student's or his/her family's personal beliefs and practices in family life, morality and religion shall be administered unless the parent or guardian gives written permission for the student to take such test, questionnaire or examination.
In compliance with State Board of Education requirements, each school shall develop a School Improvement Plan. The Superintendent shall develop criteria and procedures to be used for plan review, and shall be responsible to make annual recommendations to the board regarding plan approvals.