Superintendent Dr. Jon Holmen welcomes preschool students to the 2020-21 school year
Procedure Program Evaluation
The director of evaluation & technology shall submit recommendations to the superintendent for the following year's assessment program by May 15. The recommendation shall include a schedule for all assessment activities to be conducted during the year. The recommendation shall consider such factors as:
- Validity. Do the proposed assessment materials measure the district's objectives? Are the items compatible with the district scope and sequence?
- Administration. Are directions clear for the teacher? For the student? Is the format attractive?
- Interpretation of Results. Are results reported in a form that is meaningful to the teacher, the student, the district, the parent?
The proposed schedule shall be approved by the superintendent. The schedule shall be distributed to individual schools by August 15. The district office shall be responsible for ordering tests, distributing materials and scoring sheets, and distributing administration instructions.
After tests have been scored, the district office shall be responsible for:
- Preparing reports on test results for board, instructional staff, parents/guardians and the general public.
- Interpreting scores for staff and interested persons.
- Disseminating individual scores to staff responsible for counseling, screening and special placement of individuals.
- Preparing reports to evaluate curriculum and assist staff in implementing changes and improvements in curriculum.
Each school shall develop a School Improvement Plan in compliance with State Board requirements. The School Improvement Plan shall be developed through a planning process which is data driven and promotes a positive impact on student learning. The plan shall:
- Be reviewed annually for implementation progress and possible changes;
- Be based on a self-review of the school’s program, which shall include active participation and input by building staff, students, parents, and community members; and
- Address the characteristics of successful schools as identified by OSPI, educational equity factors, the use of technology to facilitate instruction, and parent and community involvement as these factors relate to having a positive impact on student learning.
The School Improvement Planning Process is intended to be a continuous improvement process which incorporates the review and analysis of school performance data, the elaboration of appropriate goals, and the development of a plan to address identified areas of improvement in order to enhance student learning.
Each school improvement plan will include the following components and be based on the following criteria:
- Introduction – shall include a description of the school and identify how staff, students, parents, and community participated in the self-review process as well as provide a description of the planning process.
- Data Analysis – shall reflect the analysis of qualitative and quantitative data incorporating sub-group performance characteristics and specific skill area needs. The analysis shall identify the trends, projections, strengths and areas of growth, as well as conclusions.
- Measurable Building Goals – shall include State Accountability Goals and may include additional priority building level goals developed to address needs identified as a result of data analysis. All goals shall be measurable and identify the current and desired levels of performance and time frame for accomplishment.
- Measurable Objectives for Goal Attainment – shall delineate specific objectives to be undertaken which are anticipated to lead toward goal attainment. Identified objectives will delineate the strategies to be employed, resources needed, person(s) responsible, checkpoints for periodic review, measurement and evaluation that will be used to monitor progress, and the professional development needed to accomplish the objective.
Annually, schools shall submit current plans for review. The superintendent shall develop a process for plan review and complete a recommendation for Board Approval of school plans based on the above criteria.