Would you wear a watch and slippers made from carbon dioxide emissions? Or brush your teeth using toothpaste made from CO₂? Before the pandemic, students at Evergreen Middle School were learning about real products that capture and store carbon dioxide that would otherwise go into the atmosphere.
On or before October 1, the superintendent shall determine if the district is in compliance with the following program requirements:
- Appropriate measures are taken to safeguard all student and school district permanent records against loss or damage.
- Provision is made for the supervision of instructional practices and procedures.
- Current basic instructional materials are available for required courses of study.
- A program of guidance, counseling and testing services is established for students in all grades offered by the school district.
- A learning resources program is maintained.
- The physical facilities of each building are adequate and appropriate for the educational program offered.
- There is adequate provision for the health and safety of all pupils within the custody of the school district.
- A current policy statement pertaining to the administration and operation of the school district is available in each building's administrative office including, but not limited to, policies governing the school building and classroom visitation rights of non-students.
- The district is in compliance with the statutes which prohibit unequal treatment of students on the basis of race, sex, creed, color, and national origin in activities supported by common schools.
- A descriptive guide to the district's common schools is published annually by the school district's Board of Directors and is made available at each school in the district for examination by the public.
- Within each school, the school principal has determined that appropriate student discipline is established and enforced. The school principal has conferred with the certificated employees in the school building in order to develop and/or review building disciplinary standards and the uniform enforcement of those standards.
- Written high school graduation requirements and rules have been adopted by the board. Deviations to the standards will be reported to the board and will be incorporated into the annual descriptive guide.