Students from Lake Washington School District (LWSD) participated in CISCO’s “Girls Power Tech Day” event, which aims to encourage female students to pursue careers in STEM industries.
Handling Requests or Complaints
Policy code: GP-10
A Board member who receives a request or complaint shall follow this process.
- The Board member should hear the request/complaint for general understanding of persons involved, date, place, and action requested.
- If necessary, repeat the issue back to confirm understanding.
- The Board member should exercise discretion in responding to the complaint or request.
- Board members should refer parents, employees, and others with complaints directly to the responsible individual closest to the situation and may inform the Superintendent that they have done this.
- If deemed necessary, the request/complaint shall be referred to the Superintendent for appropriate action.
- If a complaint potentially involves a violation of an Executive Limitation by the Superintendent, it is to be referred to the Board President and the Superintendent for appropriate action.
Monitoring Method: Board self-assessment
Monitoring Frequency: Annually
Lake Washington School District Board of Directors