State Senator Manka Dhingra stopped by Ella Baker Elementary on October 12 to promote the need for everyone to participate in a democracy and to tell students what motivated her to run for office.
Handling Requests or Complaints
Policy code: GP-10
A Board member who receives a request or complaint shall follow this process.
- The Board member should hear the request/complaint for general understanding of persons involved, date, place, and action requested.
- If necessary, repeat the issue back to confirm understanding.
- The Board member should exercise discretion in responding to the complaint or request.
- Board members should refer parents, employees, and others with complaints directly to the responsible individual closest to the situation and may inform the Superintendent that they have done this.
- If deemed necessary, the request/complaint shall be referred to the Superintendent for appropriate action.
- If a complaint potentially involves a violation of an Executive Limitation by the Superintendent, it is to be referred to the Board President and the Superintendent for appropriate action.
Monitoring Method: Board self-assessment
Monitoring Frequency: Annually
Lake Washington School District Board of Directors