Students at Redmond High School come into their Computer Science and Engineering course with little to no programming skills. By the time they leave, students are creating working robots. The robots are so advanced that students use their own phones to control the machines via Bluetooth technology.
Handling Requests or Complaints
Policy code: GP-10
A Board member who receives a request or complaint shall follow this process.
- The Board member should hear the request/complaint for general understanding of persons involved, date, place, and action requested.
- If necessary, repeat the issue back to confirm understanding.
- The Board member should exercise discretion in responding to the complaint or request.
- Board members should refer parents, employees, and others with complaints directly to the responsible individual closest to the situation and may inform the Superintendent that they have done this.
- If deemed necessary, the request/complaint shall be referred to the Superintendent for appropriate action.
- If a complaint potentially involves a violation of an Executive Limitation by the Superintendent, it is to be referred to the Board President and the Superintendent for appropriate action.
Monitoring Method: Board self-assessment
Monitoring Frequency: Annually
Lake Washington School District Board of Directors