Eleven student teams competed in the Investor Round of the 2019 LWSD Teen Startup Challenge event for a grand prize of $2500 and a spot on the stage at the Greater Kirkland Chamber’s Investor Sharks Northwest event this November.
Fiscal Management Goals
Good fiscal management including the efficient use of public funds shall be the practice of the Lake Washington School District. Programs shall be implemented which shall:
- Incorporate the best possible budgetary procedures.
- Utilize all possible sources of income.
- Control the expenditure of funds in a manner that shall provide the greatest returns to the educational program.
- Provide the best accounting and reporting procedures available.
- Report the financial conditions of the district to the board regularly.
- Provide safe and functional buildings which shall create a pleasant and healthful learning environment.
- Provide the necessary safe and efficient transportation to transport children to and from school within the bounds of statutory limitations.
- Provide a food services program that shall prepare and serve nutritionally well balanced, tasteful meals at reasonable costs.
- Incorporate appropriate risk management standards and programs which are designed to provide for the protection of the district's assets, staff, students and patrons.