Lake Washington School District (LWSD) recognizes the importance of providing opportunities for students to meet with and learn from community members. There are three different mentoring opportunities available to correspond with mentor interests and availability.
Federal Education Agency Relations
The district and parents of students participating in Safety Net and Federal Programs shall jointly develop and agree upon written parent involvement procedures. When developing and implementing these procedures, the district shall ensure they describe how the district will:
- Involve parents in the joint development of the district’s overall Safety Net and Federal Programs Parent Involvement Policy and the process of school review and improvement.
- Provide the coordination, technical assistance and other support necessary to assist participating schools in planning and implementing effective parent involvement activities to improve student academic achievement and school performance.
- Develop activities that promote the schools’ and parents’ capacity for strong parent involvement.
- Coordinate and integrate parental involvement strategies with appropriate programs.
- Involve parents in an annual evaluation of the content and effectiveness of the policy in improving the academic quality of schools served under Safety Net and Federal Programs.
- Identify barriers to participation by parents who are economically disadvantaged, are disabled, have limited English proficiency, have limited literacy, or are of any racial or ethic minority.
- Use findings of annual evaluations to design strategies for more effective parent involvement.
- Involve parents in the activities of schools serviced under Safety Net and Federal Programs.
20 U.S.C. 1118