State Senator Manka Dhingra stopped by Ella Baker Elementary on October 12 to promote the need for everyone to participate in a democracy and to tell students what motivated her to run for office.
Employee Assistance Program
Definition - The Employee Assistance Program provides confidential, professional assessment, short-term counseling, and referral assistance to employees and their immediate family members in an effort to resolve personal or professional problems that may affect job performance.
Scope - The Employee Assistance Program addresses personal problems related, but not limited, to alcohol or drug abuse, physical, emotional, stress, marital, family, financial, legal, or job-related difficulties.
Purpose - The Employee Assistance Program is intended to motivate employees and/or their family members to seek and receive confidential, professional assistance as soon as possible which shall enable them to maintain or restore productivity through early identification and resolve problems.
- Provide resources for problem assessment, diagnosis, short-term counseling, and quality referrals for employees and immediate family members.
- Ensure complete confidentiality of the records of anyone using the program.
- Cooperate with the district to enhance the effectiveness of the Employee Assistance Program.
- Encourage employee members to utilize the services available.
- Accept appropriate training in the area of managing employees who have serious, identifiable problems affecting job performance.
- Encourage staff members to utilize the services available.
- Seek available help as soon as possible about any problems that is or potentially may adversely affect job performance.
- General - Nothing in this policy and its attendant rules, regulations, and guidelines may be interpreted as constituting a waiver of management's responsibility to maintain discipline or the right to take disciplinary measures, within the framework of any collective bargaining agreement, or district policy, or statute.