What does it feel like to have a disability? The Margaret Mead Elementary School PTSA wanted students to be able to empathize with their peers who face mobility, learning or other challenges. As part of Disability Awareness Month, they set up a Disability Awareness Fair with eight learning stations.
Contests for Students
The associate superintendent or designee shall approve all contests for students in which the district may participate. The following guidelines are to be used in approving any contest.
Contests should be:
- Supplemental to the school program,
- Beneficial to youth in educational, civic, social, and cultural development,
- Dependent solely upon the talents and efforts of the individual student participant,
- Free of any commercial or sectarian influence,
- Free of discrimination because of race, color, or creed, handicapped affirmation action statement.