Students at Redmond High School come into their Computer Science and Engineering course with little to no programming skills. By the time they leave, students are creating working robots. The robots are so advanced that students use their own phones to control the machines via Bluetooth technology.
Contests for Students
The associate superintendent or designee shall approve all contests for students in which the district may participate. The following guidelines are to be used in approving any contest.
Contests should be:
- Supplemental to the school program,
- Beneficial to youth in educational, civic, social, and cultural development,
- Dependent solely upon the talents and efforts of the individual student participant,
- Free of any commercial or sectarian influence,
- Free of discrimination because of race, color, or creed, handicapped affirmation action statement.