Eleven student teams competed in the Investor Round of the 2019 LWSD Teen Startup Challenge event for a grand prize of $2500 and a spot on the stage at the Greater Kirkland Chamber’s Investor Sharks Northwest event this November.
Contests for Students
The associate superintendent or designee shall approve all contests for students in which the district may participate. The following guidelines are to be used in approving any contest.
Contests should be:
- Supplemental to the school program,
- Beneficial to youth in educational, civic, social, and cultural development,
- Dependent solely upon the talents and efforts of the individual student participant,
- Free of any commercial or sectarian influence,
- Free of discrimination because of race, color, or creed, handicapped affirmation action statement.