Students in Maryline Williams’ kindergarten class know they have a teacher who will help them succeed. The Henry David Thoreau Elementary School teacher is one of 16 Seattle Heroes in the Classroom to be recognized during the 2019 NFL season.
Construction Contracts Bidding and Awards and Payments to Contractors
Advertisements and Solicitations of Bids
All bids for contract work in connection with site improvement, building construction, and remodeling supported by state funds shall be authorized through the architect's office upon written instructions from the superintendent or designee following approval of plans by the board. These advertisements shall be in a form approved by the Purchasing Department and the architect and shall be placed in a trade journal of general circulation once each week for at least two consecutive weeks and a like number of times in a publication of general circulation in the area.
The architect shall provide information to all contractors who may be interested in the type of work advertised and shall place plans for bidders observation and use with the plan centers in this area.
Receiving and Opening of Bids
The board establishes the following guides to procedure for receiving bids for building and site construction work:
- The purchasing manager shall designate the time and place for receiving bids after the necessary board and state approvals of bid documents have been received.
- The bids shall be received, opened, and tabulated in the presence of the following:
- The purchasing manager, or a person designated by him, shall serve as chair.
- The superintendent or designee or his representative shall tabulate the bids and prepare a report for the board at the next regular board meeting. This report shall include the recommendations of the superintendent regarding acceptance or rejection of the bids.
- The project architect designated by the board also shall tabulate bids, audit same, and prepare a report on the qualifications of the low bidders for the board.
Contract for site development, new buildings, and remodeling of existing buildings which are supported by state funds shall be awarded by the board based upon recommendations of the superintendent and the assigned architect. In the event that an award is recommended to a contractor other than the low bidder, the recommendations shall be accompanied by a written documentation of the reasons for not awarding to the low bidder.
Withdrawal of Bids
On all bid calls, the board reserves the right to waive any informalities and to reject any or all bids.
The conditions under which a bidder may withdraw his bid are detailed in the law. Questions pertaining to errors in bids or other legal interpretations shall be taken to the prosecuting attorney or the district's legal counsel prior to the report to the board on bids received.
The district shall use standard AIA contract forms unless other forms have been designed in accordance with state laws as to format, terminology, and methods of execution.
Payments to Contractors
In all construction contracts approved by the board, the contractor is to furnish approved wage scales and other employment information in full accordance with state and federal laws and regulations prior to any payments.
WAC 180-29-080 through 180-29-125
WAC 180-30-640 through