Lake Washington School District’s Bus Drivers Association collected 884 toys on December 2 for their “Stuff the Bus” event.
Community Use of School Facilities
General Procedures and Board Regulations
- Applications for use of school facilities shall be made to building principals. Information concerning district facility usage shall be available through the Public Information Office.
- The superintendent shall determine and approve all fees for use of district facilities. The fee shall be the additional direct cost to the school district. Costs for heat and lights may be charged when deemed appropriate.
- Sponsoring organizations shall provide sufficient competent adult and/or special supervision, and the amount of adequate supervision shall be agreed upon at the time the authorization is issued.
- Alcoholic beverages, narcotics and dangerous drugs shall not be permitted in school facilities or on school property at any time.
- All applicants for use of district facilities shall hold the Lake Washington School District free and without harm from any loss or damage liability or expense that may arise during or be caused in any way by such use or occupancy of district facilities. Also, in the event that property loss or damage is incurred during such use or occupancy of district facilities, the amount of damage shall be decided by the superintendent and a bill for damages shall be presented to the group using or occupying the facilities during the time the loss or damage was sustained.
- Any and all use of the district facilities shall be totally free from commercial and/or personal use unless approved by the Board of Directors.
- The superintendent possesses the authority to make the final decision for non-commercial use of school facilities by a group.