When schools closed in March, the traditional end-of-year band concerts that showcase a year’s worth of practice and progress were effectively canceled. Rose Hill Middle School (RHMS) Band Instructor, Angela Laulainen got creative during the remote learning period and had her students record their parts at home.
Procedure Community Education Program
Responsibilities of School Personnel
Staff members shall bear in mind that community opinion depends on the daily life of the school. They shall seek the following objectives as they have opportunity in their respective fields of service:
- Acquaint patrons with the work of Lake Washington Schools.
- Give courteous and thoughtful consideration to all inquiries and suggestions, and carefully investigate all complaints.
- Make parents feel welcome in the school offices and in the classrooms.
- Cooperate with parent-teacher groups and other organizations of patrons seeking information or offering assistance to the schools.
- Maintain all pupil relations with firmness, intelligence, and sympathy so as to command the respect of the pupils and enlist the cooperation of the home.
- Observe inter-staff relations that are conducive to:
- Developing high morale of the building faculty
- Meriting respect of pupils, patrons, and the administrative and supervisory staff
- Work closely with parents, community members and, when appropriate, students in developing plans for the improvement of student learning in accordance with the district's strategic plan.