When schools closed in March, the traditional end-of-year band concerts that showcase a year’s worth of practice and progress were effectively canceled. Rose Hill Middle School (RHMS) Band Instructor, Angela Laulainen got creative during the remote learning period and had her students record their parts at home.
Community Education Program
The board is aware that the schools belong to the people who created them by taxation and consent. The board also believes that the schools shall only be as strong or as successful as the intelligent and knowledgeable support of the people permit them to be — and never stronger. The board recognizes that intelligent, informed support of the schools is dependent upon full knowledge, understanding, and participation in the efforts, goals, problems and programs of the school district. It is aware of its responsibility to provide the public with information and opportunities leading to participation of the public directly or indirectly in the establishment of programs and policies that are in the public interest.
Therefore, the board and the school district shall strive to:
- Ensure that the public within the district have full access to information concerning programs and policies which concern them.
- Determine the public's reaction to the policies and programs anticipated or now carried out in the district.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of welcome public involvement in district affairs.
- Recognize and encourage the realization and/or strengthening of the fact that schools belong to the community and cannot be separated from it.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of mutual understanding and respect for children and adults residing, studying, or employed within the district.
Current practice codified 1988