Would you wear a watch and slippers made from carbon dioxide emissions? Or brush your teeth using toothpaste made from CO₂? Before the pandemic, students at Evergreen Middle School were learning about real products that capture and store carbon dioxide that would otherwise go into the atmosphere.
Community Education Program
The board is aware that the schools belong to the people who created them by taxation and consent. The board also believes that the schools shall only be as strong or as successful as the intelligent and knowledgeable support of the people permit them to be — and never stronger. The board recognizes that intelligent, informed support of the schools is dependent upon full knowledge, understanding, and participation in the efforts, goals, problems and programs of the school district. It is aware of its responsibility to provide the public with information and opportunities leading to participation of the public directly or indirectly in the establishment of programs and policies that are in the public interest.
Therefore, the board and the school district shall strive to:
- Ensure that the public within the district have full access to information concerning programs and policies which concern them.
- Determine the public's reaction to the policies and programs anticipated or now carried out in the district.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of welcome public involvement in district affairs.
- Recognize and encourage the realization and/or strengthening of the fact that schools belong to the community and cannot be separated from it.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of mutual understanding and respect for children and adults residing, studying, or employed within the district.
Current practice codified 1988