A team of 19 hardworking students took on the state’s best in this year’s Science Olympiad. It paid off for the group from Evergreen Middle School, as they are on their way to nationals.
Policy code: EL-12
The CEO shall ensure assets be protected, adequately maintained, appropriately used and appropriately risk free.
Accordingly, the CEO shall:
- Maintain adequate insurance coverage against theft and casualty losses.
- Maintain insurance coverage against liability losses to Board members, staff and the district itself in an amount that is reasonable for school districts of like size.
- Ensure that employees who handle district and school funds are bonded.
- Protect against negligent exposure of the district, the Board or staff to legal liability.
- Protect intellectual property, information, files, equipment and fixed assets from loss or significant damage.
- Properly preserve and dispose of all records related to affairs or business of the district.
Monitoring Method: Internal Report
Monitoring Frequency: Annually
Lake Washington School District Board of Directors