Lake Washington School District will make up one snow day by extending the school year by one day. The last day of school, a half day, will move from Wednesday, June 20, to Thursday, June 21.
Policy code: EL-12
The CEO shall ensure assets be protected, adequately maintained, appropriately used and appropriately risk free.
Accordingly, the CEO shall:
- Maintain adequate insurance coverage against theft and casualty losses.
- Maintain insurance coverage against liability losses to Board members, staff and the district itself in an amount that is reasonable for school districts of like size.
- Ensure that employees who handle district and school funds are bonded.
- Protect against negligent exposure of the district, the Board or staff to legal liability.
- Protect intellectual property, information, files, equipment and fixed assets from loss or significant damage.
- Properly preserve and dispose of all records related to affairs or business of the district.
Monitoring Method: Internal Report
Monitoring Frequency: Annually
Lake Washington School District Board of Directors