As Earth Day approaches, Rose Hill Elementary staff, alumni and community members took a moment to honor a former teacher, who was also a strong advocate for protecting our environment. Cass Avery was a teacher at Rose Hill Elementary for over 10 years.
Annual Report and District Calendar
Policy code: EL-4
The CEO shall prepare and publish an annual progress report to the public. The CEO shall also develop a district calendar for the school year that provides for the number of instruction and student contact hours and days determined by the Board and that best meets the instructional needs of students and the professional needs of teachers.
Accordingly, the CEO shall:
- Publish an annual report that includes:
- Student performance data indicating student progress toward accomplishing the Board's End Results policies.
- Information about school district strategies, programs, and operations intended to accomplish the Board's End Results policies.
- Revenues, expenditures, and costs of major programs and elements of district operations.
- Implement a school district calendar that plans for 180 days of instruction/contact time for students, including provisions for professional needs of teachers and parent-teacher conferences.
- Ensure that any change in the calendar, except for emergency closings or other interruptions due to unforeseen and uncontrollable circumstances, be preceded by adequate and timely notice to students, parents, and teachers.
- Assure the availability of a copy of the calendar for all parents/guardians of students enrolled in district schools.
Monitoring Method: Internal Report
Monitoring Frequency: Annually
Lake Washington School District Board of Directors