For the fifth year in a row, the College Board named Lake Washington School District (LWSD) to its Annual AP District Honor Roll. LWSD is one of only 373 public school districts in the United States and Canada and one of four in Washington state to be honored. Lake Washington is one of two districts in the state to be a multi-year recipient of the AP Honor Roll Award.
Policy code: EL-7
The CEO shall ensure that the district implements an academic program that includes clearly defined academic standards, a comprehensive curriculum to help students achieve the standards, assessment to determine student progress toward achieving the standards, and an instructional program targeted to meet the need of all students.
Accordingly, the CEO shall:
- Develop and implement an academic program that specifies:
- Academic content and technology standards that meet or exceed state and nationally-recognized model standards;
- Curriculum aligned with and designed to enable students to meet or exceed the established standards;
- Develop assessments that will adequately measure each student’s progress toward achieving the standards; and,
- A compelling and realistic vision of technology that specifies:
- Technology use in the learning environment, and,
- Integration of technology into content areas across all grade levels.
- Develop and implement an instructional program that addresses the needs of all students by:
- Providing an instructional program, which includes opportunities for students to develop talents and interests in more specialized areas;
- Providing an instructional program that addresses the different learning styles and needs of students of various backgrounds and abilities;
- Encouraging innovative or experimental programs, carefully monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of all such programs, and informing the Board annually about their effectiveness;
- Ensuring a climate that is characterized by support and encouragement for high achievement; and,
- Considering class size and organization as important components of the instructional program.
- Develop and implement a process for continuous improvement of every school, classroom, and individual student.
- Ensure that all instructional programs are regularly evaluated and modified as necessary to assure their continuing effectiveness.
- Ensure that the instructional program includes all legally required courses and programs.
- Ensure that the Board is informed of any deletions of, additions to, or significant modifications of any instructional programs.
Monitoring Method: Internal Report
Monitoring Frequency: Annually
Lake Washington School District Board of Directors