Well-Being – We believe that all students must be safe and feel a sense of belonging if they are to succeed. It is our responsibility to create safe and inclusive learning communities in every school where every student and family is valued and welcomed.
Here are some of the initiatives for 2022-23 around Well-Being:
- Continued the Academy for Creating Excellence (ACE) to provide mentorship, support and belonging for Black/African American males.
- Continued partnership with the Lake Washington Schools Foundation to make Youth Mental Health First Aid training available for all LWSD staff.Continued to offer high school student support groups in partnership with EvergreenHealth.
- Held the first-ever LWSD Black Debutantes Ball in May 2023.
- Held the second-annual Students of Color Conference at Cascadia College. This event featured 16 workshops, live music and a powerful keynote speech from Emmy-nominated spoken word poet, Christian Paige. The theme of this events was “Love, Liberation and Living Authentically.” Learn more here.
- Continued to offer parent support groups in partnership with Balance in Mind and SeaMar.