Welcome New Families!
Welcome to Wilder Elementary. We know the process of starting Kindergarten or entering a new school can be daunting. So, the Welcome Committee is here to help make the transition easier for you.
What can the Welcome Committee do for you?
- Answer Questions, such as…
Talk to you about the school, our experiences and where to find resources.
Guide you through the process of starting school at Wilder Elementary.
- What do I do with all the paperwork that comes home on the first day?
- How do I find information about riding the bus? What is it going to be like for my child?
- How do I volunteer for the PTSA or in the classroom? What is the difference?
- What is the time commitment for volunteering? Who do I talk to?
- How do I keep up with what is happening at school?
- And anything else you can think of!
We have a special event planned to welcome new families and help you become comfortable with Wilder Elementary. Please join us on Tuesday, August 28th at 10:00 am in the Commons. It will be a casual get-together where you can meet other parents and ask questions. 5th graders will be giving tours for you and your new students. The 5th graders do a great job showing you their school as they know it best! It also helps to be able to check things out before the Open House when everyone is there at the same time to meet teachers. The teachers will not be available during the tour but the office will be open.
Finally, we will be contacting you in the last weeks before school starts to check in and find out if you have questions or need help with anything. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need assistance.
We look forward to meeting you in the near future. Once again, Welcome to Wilder Elementary!
The 2012-2013 Welcome Committee
Deb Zimmerman, chair