Rosa Parks Theater & Drama Club
will be presenting the Broadway musical
Into the Woods
November 7 and 8, 2013
Come see what happens when Cinderella, Jack (of Beanstalk fame), Rapunzel, a Witch, a Baker, Little Red Riding Hood and many other fairy tale characters all meet together in the woods.
Auditions - June 4, 2013
When are the auditions?
Auditions will be held Tuesday, June 4th at 3 PM in the theater.
Who can audition?
All actors who will be in 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade next year can audition for any role.
What does it cost to be in the show?
Tuition will be $67 per actor. Tuition will be paid through the Rosa Parks PTSA on-line system in August.
How many actors will be cast?
This show will have a cast of about 50 actors.
How do I prepare for my audition?
· Check your schedule with the rehearsal schedule on this site to make sure you won’t have conflicts.
PLEASE NOTE: rehearsals will be Mondays and Tuesdays from 3 – 5 PM. If your soccer practice begins at 5 PM, you will need to be late to soccer or make the choice not to audition for the play. If you plan to take a vacation during conference days in October please don’t audition for the play. We need actors who are committed to attending all needed rehearsals. Our rehearsing time is very short and tight; we need everyone to be there unless they are sick.
· Read the following fairy tales: Jack and the Beanstalk, Rapunzel, Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, and think about the characters in them.
· Read the Character List section on this site. Think about your acting skills and which characters you might enjoy being.
· Find the Audition Monologue section on this site. Here you can select a monologue to memorize and prepare for your audition.
· Fill out the audition form (find it on this site) and turn it in to Ms. Van’s box on the stage by Friday, May 31st. PLEASE NOTE: the audition form is turned in before the audition day. NO late paperwork will be accepted after May 31st.
· Come to your audition Tuesday, June 4th ready to say your monologue in character and sing a short song of your choice.
When will I know if I got a part?
Offer letters will be passed out by Friday, June 7th. Acceptance letters must be turned in by Monday, June 10th. There will be a cast meeting Tuesday, June 11th from 3 – 4 PM in the theater. We will pass out folders, scripts and CD’s.