The Reflections Program is a National PTA and a Washington State PTA cultural arts competition. The purpose for this program is to provide an opportunity for students to use their creative talents by expressing themselves through their own original works, created around a specific theme.
The 2011-2012 theme is “Diversity Means . . .” and you decide what the phrase means to you. You may find the information on the state PTA website www.wastatepta.org .
Students can enter up to two works in each of the following arts areas. Only original works of art created by the artist working alone, for the 2011-2012 theme will be accepted.
- Choreography/Dance - create original choreographed dance and perform it on tape.
- Film/Video - fiction or nonfiction video created as animation, a narrative, documentary, experimental, or music video.
- Literature - works of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, prose, drama, short stories, and lyrics.
- Music Composition - original musical composition, with or without lyrics.
- Photography - prints up to 11”x14” in color or black and white, including techniques of photogram, retouched, montage, sandwich, and multiple exposures.
- Visual Arts - prints, drawings, painting, collages, photographic collages, metal etching, fiber work and computer generated art. Works of art must be flat and may not exceed more than 3/8” thickness. Artwork may not exceed 24” x 30” including matting.
- Primary: up to age 7
- Intermediate: ages 8-10
- Middle/Junior: ages 11-13
- Senior: ages 14+
Finished entries will be due in late October with the dates to be announced in September. If your project is turned in early, we will look over your entire entre to confirm everything is in order. If you are missing anything, this gives us time to get your entre back to you to fix. If you wait until the turn in date, you will not have the opportunity to fix any missing information and run the risk of being disqualified.
Each entry must be accompanied by an official entry form which includes an artist statement and your parent’s or guardian’s signature. Be sure you have read the rules and comply with them.
All participants will receive a certificate, participation ribbon and have their entry displayed at the Pancake Breakfast, in mid November. All participants' artwork will be displayed. Up to 25 of the Rosa Parks finalists will continue onto the District level for further competition.
Reflections 2011-2012 Informational Flyer & Commitment Form
For more information, please contact Shauna Barison email@example.com.
Sponsored by Rosa Parks PTSA