WHAT WE DO…
- Provide instruction and assistance in the use of library information, materials and equipment.
- Provide a quiet, attractive and friendly environment to study.
- Provide help and resources for assignments and information needs upon request.
- Provide books for recreational reading.
- Purchase books, materials and equipment to support LWHS curriculum and educational goals.
- Assist teachers by collaborating with instruction and by providing resources that support curriculum.
WHAT WE HAVE…
- Print Resources: Large collection of books, high quality reference section, magazines
(current and 7 year back issues) and newspapers.
- Electronic Resources: School and District Library Catalog, King County Library System Catalog, informational databases, and Internet resources including home access privileges.
- Word Processing, Database/Spreadsheets, Presentation software.
- Equipment: Computers, Video Cameras, and LCD Projectors.
- Conference room for small group meetings.
- Regular book checkout period is three weeks. (Reference books over night by permission.
Check out AFTER last period by 8:00 A.M. the following day).
- Magazines are available at the circulation counter and may be checked out for one week.
- Students with overdue books are not allowed to check out library materials.
- Students are not charged for overdue books. Students ARE responsible to pay fines for lost or damaged books.
- Overdue notices are regularly sent until materials are returned.
- Student transcripts are withheld until library fines are paid. Fines accumulate from year to year until paid.
- Library is open before and after school, and during lunch periods for reading, study and research.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO MAKE THE LIBRARY A GREAT PLACE FOR EVERYONE…
- Speak quietly and behave in a manner consistent with study.
- Present a library pass when using library during class time.
- Do not bring food, drinks or candy into the library.
- Enter the library in an orderly manner and lower your voice.
- Check out ALL items taken from the library.