The partnership between the PTSA and Lakeview has always been a key to the success of our students. The entire school benefits from the generosity and volunteer efforts of the parents and community members in PTSA.
The main functions of any PTSA are fundraising and implementation of those funds. Lakeview PTSA volunteers organize activities that are outside the realm of the school district or are not directly funded by public dollars. These programs provide enrichment that state and levy funding cannot. PTSA is like icing on the cake. At Lakeview, some of these programs include the Art Docent program, the Carnival, the school play, Family Dance Night, the Marathon, and after school enrichment classes.
- Learn more about becoming a member of the Lakeview PTSA, an important partner in your child's education.
List of the Lakeview PTSA Board of Directors and their contact information.
- The Lakeview PTSA supplements the school’s budget for critical academic enrichment such as the art program, new computers and software, the AR Program, Science Fair, teacher training, field trips, classroom supplies and much, much more. It’s all done through your donations of money and time.
Where does the money go?
- With the financial challenges our school district is facing, parents must look at creative ways to support our children and our school to ensure we provide the best possible education and environment. We encourage you to explore different ways to support Lakeview. One great avenue to do this is by supporting the PTSA. There are many opportunities for you to share your time, ideas and talents - whether you are chairing a committee; helping out in the classroom; helping at a PTSA-sponsored event; helping from home or attending a PTSA meeting - we need you. Let us know what events you'd like to help out with or what your specific interests or talents are by completing the form provided in the information packet that your student receives on the first day of school. You may also contact Marypat via email with any questions or comments.
- Art at Lakeview
- The Lakeview PTSA provides the Art Enrichment Program for Lakeview students. They accomplish this by providing art docents to lead art lessons during school hours and by funding art supplies and other art-relating events.
- PTSA Meetings for 2012-2013
September 13, Gym - Same evening as Curriculum Night
November 1, 6:30pm, Library
- December 6, 6:30pm, Library
- February 21, 6:30pm, Library
- April 4, 6:30pm, Library
- June 13, 6:30pm, Library
Stay connected to Lakeview and Lakeview PTSA with vital information by reading the Leopard Tales. This newsletter is sent via email to parents who have provided their email address. If you would like to be added to this distribution list, please contact Jenny. Do you have an article or "Thank You" for the Leopard Tales? Submit your item by emailing the newsletter editor.