Spring Sports Clearance Information
Spring Sports clearance begins on Monday, February 9
(Paperwork will be available in the Athletic Office beginning Tuesday, January 20)
All sports start practice on Monday, March 2
Spring Sports: Baseball, Softball, Track & Field, Golf (girls), Tennis (girls), Soccer (boys) and Badminton (girls)
All student-athletes must go through the eligibility process to receive clearance to participate in a sport at Juanita High School.
1) Sports fee ($200) and ASB fee ($50) paid to the bookkeeper – Check or cash only accepted at the bookkeeper’s window. Credit card payments can be made online thru Parent Access. Students account must be clear of all fines.
*** Spring 2015 ***
Soccer, Softball and Baseball are cut sports at Juanita High School, there is no guarantee your student will make the team. Payment for the participation fee will not be accepted until your student is placed on a roster. A fine of $200 will be placed on your students school account at the time of clearance. Full payment will be due by 2:00 PM, Friday March 6 in order to continue practicing with the team. If making the payment in full is not possible, other arrangements will need to be made with the bookkeeper prior to try-outs. The bookkeeper accepts cash and checks. You may pay by credit card thru Parent Access – just click on fees/fines to see the participation fee. Fines will be cleared from the accounts of those students who do not make the team. The ASB fee must be paid prior to clearance.
2) Submit receipt of payment, Sports Packet and sport specific liability form to the Athletic Office. Clearance packets are available in the Athletic Office, Main office and online. If you have been cleared for either a Fall or Winter sport this school year you do not need to complete the entire packet – just the sport specific liability form.
3) A grade check will be completed. (Running Start, Choice Schools or Home School students must provide a copy of their 1st semester report card).
4) Physical must be valid through May 30, 2015 to be cleared.
5) Clearance Card will be given to the athlete if all requirements have been met. The athlete will give the clearance card to their coach on the first day of try-outs/practice to show they have been cleared to participate.
All forms need to be submitted together and in person to the athletic office beginning Monday, February 9. Incomplete paperwork will not be accepted. Please plan ahead. Get cleared early! Paperwork turned in after 3:00 PM February 27 may not be processed in time to attend the first practice.
Reminder - there is no school February 12-16. The Athletic Office will be closed February 19-20.