Fall Sports registration begins on Monday, August 17
First Day of Football practice is Wednesday, August 19. All other sports (Boys Golf, Boys Tennis, Cross Country, Volleyball, Girls Soccer and Girls Swim & Dive) start on Monday, August 24th.
All student-athletes must go through the eligibility process to receive clearance to participate in a sport at Juanita High School
Athletic and Bookkeepers Office Hours
Summer hours beginning August 17th - 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM Monday - Friday (Athletic and Bookkeeping offices will be closed on Prep Days; Wednesday Aug 26 & Thursday, Aug 27) No Athletic Clearance forms will be accepted on Prep Days.
Beginning September 1st – before or after school and during student lunches
1) Sports fee ($200) and ASB fee ($50) paid to the bookkeeper – Check or cash only accepted at the bookkeeper’s window. Credit card payments can be made online (after August 8th) thru Parent Access. If you pay online, print your receipt and bring it with your completed clearance packet. Students account must be clear of all fines.
Volleyball, Boys Golf and Girls Soccer are cut sports at Juanita High School, there is no guarantee your student will make the team. Payment for the participation fee will not be accepted until your student is placed on a roster. A fine of $200 will be placed on your students school account at the time of clearance. Full payment will be due by 2:00 PM, Monday August 31 in order to continue practicing with the team. If making the payment in full is not possible, other arrangements will need to be made with the bookkeeper prior to try-outs. The bookkeeper accepts cash and checks. You may pay by credit card thru Parent Access – just click on fees/fines to see the participation fee. Fines will be cleared from the accounts of those students who do not make the team. The ASB fee must be paid prior to clearance.
2) Submit receipt of payment, Sports Packet and sport specific liability form to the Athletic Office. Clearance packets are available in the Athletic Office, Main office and online.
3) A grade check will be completed. (Running Start, Choice Schools or Home School students need to submit a copy of their previous semester grades)
4) Physical must be valid for the entire season to be cleared. For Fall – Football 12/5/15, Girls Soccer 11/21/15, Volleyball and Girls Swimming 11/12/15, Boys Golf and Boys Tennis 11/1/15 and Cross Country 11/7/15.
5) Clearance Card will be given to the athlete if all requirements have been met. The athlete will give the clearance card to their coach on the first day of try-outs/practice to show they have been cleared to participate.
All forms need to be submitted together and in person to the athletic office beginning Monday, August 17th. Incomplete paperwork will not be accepted. Please plan ahead. Get cleared early! Waiting until the first day of practice will result in long lines and the possibility of missing practice!