Winter Sports registration begins on Monday, October 26, 2015
First Day of Gymnastics practice is Monday, November 9. All other sports (Boys Swim & Dive, Wrestling and Boys & Girls Basketball) start on Monday, November 16.
All student-athletes must go through the eligibility process to receive clearance to participate in a sport at Juanita High School
Athletic and Bookkeepers Office Hours
Payment and paperwork will be accepted by the bookkeeper and athletic office before school, during student lunches and after school.
1) Sports fee ($200) and ASB fee ($50) paid to the bookkeeper – Check or cash only accepted at the bookkeeper’s window. Credit card payments can be made online thru Parent Access. If you pay online, print your receipt and bring it with your completed clearance packet. Students account must be clear of all fines.
Gymnastics and Basketball (Boys and Girls) are cut sports at Juanita High School, there is no guarantee your student will make the team. Payment for the participation fee will not be accepted until your student is placed on a team. A fine of $200 will be placed on your students school account at the time of clearance. Full payment will be due by 2:00 PM, Tuesday Nov. 17th for Gymnastics and 2:00 PM, Friday November 20 for Basketball in order to continue practicing with the team. If making the payment in full is not possible, other arrangements will need to be made with the bookkeeper prior to try-outs. The bookkeeper accepts cash and checks. You may pay by credit card thru Parent Access – just click on fees/fines to see the participation fee. Fines will be cleared from the accounts of those students who do not make the team. The ASB fee must be paid prior to clearance.
2) Submit receipt of payment, Sports Packet and sport specific liability form to the Athletic Office. Clearance packets are available in the Athletic Office and online.
3) A grade check will be completed. (Running Start, Choice Schools or Home School students need to submit a copy of their current grades)
4) Physical must be valid for the entire season to be cleared. For Winter sports – Basketball 3/5/16, Swim & Dive 2/18/16, Wrestling 2/18/16 and Gymnastics 2/18/16.
5) Clearance Card will be given to the athlete if all requirements have been met. The athlete will give the clearance card to their coach on the first day of try-outs/practice to show they have been cleared to participate.
All forms need to be submitted together and in person to the athletic office beginning Monday, October 26. Incomplete paperwork will not be accepted. Please plan ahead. Get cleared early! Waiting until the first day of practice will result in long lines and the possibility of missing practice!