Our Netbook Usage Agreement states a student's responsibility for loss or damage to the district provided netbook. You may choose to insure yourself against possible charges. In the event that the district netbook is damaged or lost, you will be personally expected to pay the appropriate fine from the list below. Here are a few of the options available to you for being reimbursed for fines. In the fine list below, you can see what the district charges for replacement or for each type of damage to its netbooks.
OPTION 1 Contact your Homeowner's insurance provider to inquire about possible options to insure your child's netbook.
OPTION 2 Contact the Worth Group for their plan offering coverage for a fee.
OPTION 3 Self-insure. If damage occurs, the school will look to you to pay any fine for damage or loss listed in the schedule below.
Fee for items lost:
- Mobile device- nothing returned $438.00
- Mobile device – only power supply returned $409.00
- Battery $ 54.00
- Power supply (complete with brick & power cord) $ 32.00
Fee for items assessed as damaged:
- Cracked or broken screen $65.00
- Drop Damage - broken upper or lower case $25.00
- Battery $54.00
- Keyboard $25.00
- Hard drive (160 gb) $55.00
- Main system board - full replacement cost $409.00